Pat and I have thought that it would be a good tradition to have the girls go on little trips (solo) with either or both of us so that they can experience a little precious one on one time. This time was Ashee's turn and we all had a great time!!
Actually it was a crazy trip from the beginning...but ended up working out in the end.
Pat had his monthly HOA meeting for the board of directors for our prospector square properties in park city. At literally the last minute Ashee and I decide to go with him. I purchased my plane ticket while driving to the airport...see I wasn't joking when I said that it wasn't planned. Well we get to Long Beach Airport and there is a huge line for the Jetblue airline. Ridiculously long and so Pat dropped off Ashee and me and we checked in while he parked. He was going to meet us on the plane. The story gets better because neither one of us has any luggage to check and so we figured it would be a breeze to get on the plane and chill. Ashee and I get on the plane and wait and wait and wait.... where on earth is Pat?? Seriously starting to get concerned when I hear the final boarding call and he is still not to be seen. To make matters worse I forgot my phone at home in the hurry to get out the door and so now have no communication with him to find out what is going on.
There was a lady from ground control that boarded the plane and started looking around for someone when she catches my eye and comes waltzing over.
She asked "are you traveling with someone"...and I think to myself.. "of course I am.. can't you see this toddler in my arms that I'm trying to manage by myself...?!"
I find out that she is referring to Pat and then was nice enough to relay the message to me that Pat would not be making the flight and that the boarding closed before he was able to check in. I was so upset... how is it possible for half a family to make a flight and the other half get stuck at check-in when neither one of us has checked luggage and we got to the airport an hour early!! Seriously not okay! Needless to say... Jetblue got a little nasty email in their customer service inbox that week-end!
Well- long story short...we finally all reunite in Park City and have a great week-end together in Utah. We had a chance to visit with Steve and Tami and then Claudia. It was nice to see family and also to spend some one on one time with Ashee. She is so cute and so funny. Really got to see her personality shine when she was alone with mommy and dada. I think she liked being the only child for the week-end; even though I know for a fact that she missed her sisters.
No comments:
Post a Comment